How to Have More Energy
Always tired? Whether you need to know how to have more energy all the time, or you just need a quick pick me up, these tips will help. The first set of strategies will help you build energy reserves so your body can generate the energy you need to live a healthier life to the fullest. The second set will show you how to give yourself a quick energy boost to get you through the occasional slump.
How to Have More Energy Reserves
If exhaustion is your norm, quick energy boosting tips will only give you temporary relief. You will do better to focus on how to have more energy reserves for every day. Choose from the following tips and follow through consistently. Be patient. Expect that it may take some time for your energy to build back up.
- First, consult your medical professional to determine if health issues or medications are causing your chronic energy drain. Thyroid problems, imbalanced hormones, obesity, and a myriad of illnesses can make you tired. When you rebuild your health, your energy will return.
- Set aside time for something you love every day. Learn to say 'no' to the trivial and 'yes' to what is meaningful and gives you 'juice'. Be creative. Play. Take mini-breaks during the work day, even if just for a minute to chat with co-workers or play a quick game of solitaire. Nurturing yourself inspires your mind to create energy and helps you recharge.
- If you are dealing with an illness, your body needs energy and rest for coping and healing. This may not leave a lot of oomph for other things. Focus your attention on getting healthy again. Allow weeks or months to fully recharge after illness or stress burnout. Be patient. Build your reserves back up naturally with excellent healthy living habits including good nutrition, plenty of sleep, gentle exercise, and minimal stress. Once your body heals and recharges, you will have much more energy for other things.
- Follow the same advice if you feel exhausted due to sleep issues, poor diet or obesity, dehydration, or couch potato-itis. Good food, water, moderate exercise and quality sleep all energize your mind and body.
- Chronic stress is a major energy zapper that can quickly drain and age you. If you feel fatigued often, evaluate your stress levels. Take pressure off yourself. Shorten your to-do list. Arrive on time. Organize your time and your environments to free up energy. Powering yourself with adrenaline is the antithesis for how to have more energy because you use up reserves. Take steps to relieve stress and balance your life to include rest and a slower pace instead.
- Plug up energy leaks from lingering dysfunctional draining emotions and thoughts. When a good deal of your daily fuel goes to churning mind chatter and the emotional stress it causes, it does not leave much for enjoying life. Release negative emotions so your energy stays in the present instead of the past.
- Reaching too often for caffeine and other stimulants when you need more energy can deplete you in the long run. If you find yourself taking stimulants throughout the day, address the reasons you are so tired. This may take some detective work, but it is worth it because then your energy will naturally return.
Quick Help for When You Need More Energy
For a quick energy boost, try the following:
- Respect your body's natural cycles and need for rest. You are not a machine. If you have been on the go for hours, gift yourself 20 minutes of rest. Shut out all distractions. Listen to a meditation or hypnosis audio. Or take a nap. Before you get up, gently stretch your body and take a deep breath.
- Too much lounging creates lethargy. Your body is meant to move. Get up and get moving. Exercising actually causes your body to generate energy. Take a brisk walk, scrub the floor, take a swim, stretch, do yoga. If you can get out in the fresh air, even better.
- Take a few deep breaths of cool, crisp fresh air to oxygenate your blood and rejuvenate. For even more benefits, stand outside barefoot on the earth (cement will work too), or touch a living tree trunk with your bare hands.
- Have a glass of pure cool water. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime. Take a sniff of the lemon too.
- Put on some lively music and dance for a few minutes or move your body to the beat while you do the dishes, clean your house or do your work.
- Use natural energy boosters. Take a whiff of a cinnamon stick or an uplifting essential oil like lemon or rosemary. Energy boosting foods, supplements and herbs will give help you feel more energetic in the short-term and for the long haul.
By faithfully implementing the above tips for how to have more energy, you will find yourself feeling more rested and more energetic. Your body and mind will feel revitalized so that you can focus on living life with vitality on your own terms.
Feb 05, 17 02:10 PM
Learning how to love yourself to wellness and practicing extreme self care is essential for a successful recovery and creating lasting health and happiness.
Feb 05, 17 11:09 AM
It may sound corny to say that love heals or to talk about the healing power of love. But it is true. Confusion comes because
Feb 04, 17 01:00 PM
What is the relationship between stress and heart disease? Can you die of a broken heart. Read to find out why and how...