Holistic Health Education Options
Pursuing a holistic health education has many benefits whether you want to be a wellness professional or you want to better the well-being of you and yours.
You have the option to choose to learn about holistic healing and health informally on your own or to choose a formal health wellness program in order to pursue a career. Both options provide the opportunity for you to delve deeper into this field so that you will get a better understanding of how to enhance mind body spirit health. If and when the need for medical care arises, you will have the mindset and skills to be a more empowered, active participant on your road to recovery.
Holistic Health Education Options
Your options to get a basic holistic health education are almost endless. For independent self-study, the internet offers an abundance of free articles, audios, and videos on general health and specific conditions.
- On-line tele-summits featuring healers, holistic doctors, and educators are popular venues. You can learn quite a lot listening to these expert interviews. Many give a taste of their favorite techniques. More often than not, you will be offered the opportunity to download a free gift or purchase a package of training and healing materials.
- Libraries and book sellers offer excellent books covering all facets of wellness. Websites like this one are full of helpful information. Check out our favorite books about health and wellness for suggestions and to share your favorites.
- Choose one of the many natural health courses available to learn about holistic health and healing using a more structured approach. These courses can be general or focused on your particular area of interest. They may cost little to nothing or thousands of dollars.
- Attend workshops. Energy healers, herbalists, wellness coaches, educators, and practitioners teach on-line or at local colleges, health food stores and community centers. You can often get a level one energy healing certificate in a weekend and get a solid introduction to holistic healing or natural remedies in a few hours.
- A great place to start your holistic health education is with the Holistic Mindbody Healing seven week Natural Health Course offered free to members of our email community. This comprehensive e-course introduces you to many aspects of holistic health and healing.
- Online alternative medicine schools offer health wellness programs in everything from healthy lifestyle, nutrition, energy healing and emotional wellness. Your local college may even offer natural health classes for credit
- For a more personalized health wellness program, work one-on-one or in a small group with a practitioner or life coach specializing in holistic health and wellness coaching. If you go this route, look for someone capable of teaching you how to get healthier in mind and body, is willing to point you to other resources, and knows how to help you continue learning and progressing with the changes you desire.
Tips for Choosing a Health Wellness Program
Keep in mind that even if you choose to study at a top notch school, that doesn't mean you will be licensed as a professional or legally entitled to set up shop. Certifications and degrees in holistic health may not be recognized by your local government or even accredited schools.
If you want to become a licensed holistic health provider in the U.S., you must get your education at one of these holistic medicine schools and then reside in a state that licenses you to practice. Other modalities such as acupuncture and massage may also require licensing, depending on your locale.
Also, not everyone teaching about health and wellness offers reliable information, and not all natural methods are safe or effective. Please explore and learn freely, but do due diligence and research before believing something that sounds too good to be true or is too far 'out there'. Whenever possible, sample a few sessions of the techniques you are interested in learning more about.
As you explore the world of holistic health and healing, you will learn a great deal about yourself and the multitude of healing modalities available to you. When you find a technique or path that resonates with you, invest in yourself and take your learning and skills deeper. Using what you learn about holistic healing and wellness as part of your life will serve you well as you create a healthier, happier life.
Holistic health education page updated 02/2021
For Educational Purposes Only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult with your health provider before using natural remedies and/or complementary therapies if you are pregnant, nursing, or you are being treated for a medical condition. Be aware that certain herbs and supplements interact with medications.
Apr 05, 22 09:59 AM
Want to sleep like a baby? These seven sleeping tips will help you enjoy a great night sleep.
Apr 05, 22 09:47 AM
Seven negative sleep deprivation effects on your health
Mar 31, 22 12:31 PM
Spiritual healing means different things to different people. For some, it is about techniques. To others it means getting ...